Saturday, December 1, 2012

Filigree Ornament Paintings

Filigree Ornament - Blue, Red, and Gold.  Oil on panel, 5x7

 Last year, the folks at one of the galleries I'm with requested that each artist create ornaments for the holiday season.  With that request, I set about making ornaments.  I worked with polymer clay, and spent several days trying to get ornaments that were good enough to display, with no luck.  Frustrated, I stopped - and then realized I had *painted* ornaments a few years prior.  (You know how they say, "Do what you're good at?")  Long story short, these were submitted and sold well last year, so I plan to do holiday ornament paintings every year.

These three paintings are currently on view at High Hand Gallery in Loomis, CA, through December 2012.  This is a great gallery with many talented artists; stop by if you're in the area!   

Filigree Ornament - Red and Gold.  Oil on panel, 5x7.





Filigree Ornament - Purple.  Oil on panel, 4x4.

No comments:

Post a Comment